Rail Networks for Connecting, Employing & Uniting Nigeria

I liked the article below, and sought the permission of the Author to reproduce it here.

Friends,

Instead of arguing, endlessly complaining about what is wrong with Nigeria, and criticizing everyone who might not approach problems from our unique perspectives, I wondered what could emerge if we spent that valuable time collaboratively immagineering the nation on many levels.
Continue reading “Rail Networks for Connecting, Employing & Uniting Nigeria”

Nigeria: Insecurity, Security and MOPOL’s attempt to frame me for Murder in a clear Suicide case

As everyone exchanged “HAPPY New Year” messages on 1st January 2011, the SMS from my Venerable Father was … “Thieves broke into our house on New Year Eve while I was away to church with Shola, harassed mummy who was alone in the house, made away with many valuables including my Compaq EVO Computer”. I called him immediately, mused about the state of insecurity in the country as a whole assured him we are fine, no backlash on the death of Oyo State NURTW’s Eleweomo. He heaved a sign of relief. I promised to be with them on Sunday Morning – together with my family, as a mark of solidarity.

Continue reading “Nigeria: Insecurity, Security and MOPOL’s attempt to frame me for Murder in a clear Suicide case”

Fuel subsidy protest & rampaging hactivists

The recently ended week-long strike and protests brought to the fore, various forms of agitations by Nigerians yearning for good governance, including hacking of websites, reports REMMY NWEKE.
Most Nigerians woke up on Sunday, January 1, 2012 to behold what has been largely tagged as President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s alleged ‘greek-gift’ of fuel subsidy removal, which from Monday, January 2, have kept the nation tensed up with one protest or another over the fuel pump price increase from N65 to N141 per litre. Continue reading “Fuel subsidy protest & rampaging hactivists”

An athletic chip off the old block

For 3 hours, he was in top form, running and clinching medals in 100m, 200m, lime & spoon, sack race, 4x100m apart from his haul in other predetermined events. I told them he is my “Teenage Mutant Ninja Runner”.

A parent asked if he is a chip off the old block, so I thought it was only fair to confirm to the doubting Thomases that it is indeed “Abinibi”, not “Ability” … Pronto, I got on the track for the parents’ race. at 90kg, that is what i call an Athletic Risk.

Continue reading “An athletic chip off the old block”

Gusau promises the passage of the cyber security bill, reassures NIRA

From left: Mr, Sunday Folayan, Hon. Ibrahim Shehu Gusau and Mr. Ope Odusan

Lagos-Nigeria, January 23, 2012: The chairman, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Committee at the House of Representatives, Hon. Ibrahim Shehu Gusau, has reaffirmed that the National Assembly is working at ensuring that the cyber security bill is passed into law before the end of the current legislative session.

Continue reading “Gusau promises the passage of the cyber security bill, reassures NIRA”

Towards a Leaner and Meaner Government in Nigeria

We should begin to think of a workable political reform for Nigeria. Here is my own 10-Point reform agenda …..

1. Dissolve the House of representa-thieves. They (a) cost far too much, (b) struggle for constituency projects which transmutes to constituency allowances,  (c) they really do not vet the budgets, but pad it to steal more, (d) are not responsible to anyone but themselves. Proof being their approving their own stellar salaries.

Continue reading “Towards a Leaner and Meaner Government in Nigeria”

Bye Bye Ikemba. My Tribute to a misunderstood Nigerian

I set out to pay this tribute to the “Igbo Nation” on Facebook, as my last respect to Dim Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu. I wanted to highlight the myths about this great man, his people, his vision, politics, love for beautiful women, and his legacy, as seen from the eyes of a Yoruba man, who as a toddler could not understand why brothers were killing themselves, and now as an adult, still cannot understand why brothers are still killing themselves while their rogue relatives continue to steal blue and black.

Continue reading “Bye Bye Ikemba. My Tribute to a misunderstood Nigerian”

The Izi, Isi, Easy exposure of the CEJ Subsidy removal moves and its associated lies.

On December 10, 2011, if you stopped at the Mobil filling station on Old Aba Road in Port Harcourt , you would be able to buy a litre of petrol for 65 naira or $1.66 per gallon at an exchange rate of $1/N157 and 4 litres per gallon. This is the official price. The government claims that this price would have been subsidized at N73/litre and that the true price of a litre of petrol in Port Harcourt is N138/litre or $3.52 per gallon.

Continue reading “The Izi, Isi, Easy exposure of the CEJ Subsidy removal moves and its associated lies.”